Saturday, October 28, 2006

Starbucks

I assume that Grey's Anatomy is a fairly popular show, being that it airs on multiple times and days. I also think that writing for this show would be pretty easy, as with all hospital shows. I was employed in a hospital for a short time, and during that time I was consumed by the completely fascinating microcosm that is the hospital. It is pure entertainment 24/7. I really don't like Grey's Anatomy, but I sat through back to back episodes with my wife last night for the hell of it. As I watched I pictured the writers gathered together to turn out an episode. I imagined it went something like this: "Mmkay where were we......oh yeah....the panties get pinned to the bulletin board the sexy big girl intern takes the heat for them even though there is no way these panties could fit her plump ass. Then her boyfriend gets jealous and shes happy.......so what's next?" among the silent writers Fredric Jones, the new guy, blurts out "how about an ambulance pulls up and the emt's wheel out a young Hispanic man that has been impaled with a huge tree branch?"........silence........."brilliant who's running to Starbucks?"